Tuesday 18 November 2014

Thinking about the build up of my game

Designing an interface


Once I had a very clear idea of what I wanted my games style, level, characters, and objects to look like, along with font I will be sticking too, I decided to move onto my interface design. These were important to include in the games design document as it is all well and good showing what the game play will look like but you also have to think about the other interactive part that builds up the game and helps to make it what it is.

I began by planning out would we be the four key interface scenes I would need to include in my game to make it function properly. The first was a title screen (the first image seen below) which would give the player a brief 'introduction' to the game and the main protagonist, Light. The second was what the player would see in game and the different options they would be able to interact with. So, in the second image, you can see an example of what the level design and in the top right there is an icon that shows how many orbs the player has collected and in the top left, you can click 'pause' and it will take you to a pause menu. The pause menu, image three, shows different options that the player would be able to interact with or different customisations you can make to the game so for example the display or audio options. Finally image four is an example of what screen will pop up when the player has completed the level. It will give the player information of what their progress was, so for example, how many orbs they collected or if they were able to save the lost creature. There are also two options available for the player, to either replay the level they just completed to collected all the missed items or to move onto the next level.




No comments:

Post a Comment