Monday 17 November 2014

Briefly looking at the design of sprite

Angles and actions of Light


When I was thinking about my design of my character Light, I began realising that in my game design document, the reader would want to see more than just one image of Light and that they would need to see variety in positioning and angles, instead of just sticking to a plain quarter turn. One of the main things I really needed to design was how Light would fight off Dark's henchmen, I knew that I wanted Light to be able to 'hit' and destroy them and I had a idea in my head but I really needed to get it down digitally.

The idea was that Light would shoot out little orbs of light energy that would hit the henchmen and cause them damage. I had a little trouble coming up with a design but I finally came up with the idea of a multiorb looking ball that would spin round when fired and would only be able to travel a certain distance so that the player wouldn't be able to fire it from miles away and hit the henchman. Also I wanted the player to only be able to fire 3 orbs at a time before there is a 5 second resting point and then can fire again. 3 hits will be able to kill the henchmen and release the orb they have eaten.




No comments:

Post a Comment