Saturday 30 January 2016

the third anatomy workshop

Sculpting the spine and a few muscles 


This is just a little update of what happened in my third anatomy workshop that I attended this week and how my model is progressing. So in this session we started to get some work done on the spine which consisted of us being told exactly how it functioned, how it is able to bend and what happens if something in this area goes wrong. All of this was really interesting stuff to listen too and from this we moved onto modelling the bottom half of the spine that connects to the pelvis. One this was complete we actually moved onto modelling some muscles that connected to the spine and run down to the top of the femur. For this we used a different type of wax which was a lot softer yet more difficult to model, and attached it to what we had sculpted so far.

Unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush to catch my train at the end of the session so I didn't get to take any photos of what our model looked like at the end of class, however I did manage to take some at the half way point so you can see what it is beginning to look like in the photographs below. I will make sure to take some more next week so I can keep documenting my progression.








No comments:

Post a Comment