Saturday 16 January 2016

Thinking about my online portfolio

Creating a website 


So as we finished our previous term, we were told that we were going to receive one final mini brief for us to complete in BA3b but at the time we weren't told what exactly what it was going to be so we were all a little unsure as to what to expect but finally when we all headed back to university after the hectic Christmas break we were told what we needed to do. To be honest, I was really pleased with what our assigned brief was as this is something I had been a little nervous about in the past due to the lack of guidance we have had in this area so far but finally it seems we would be touching on the area of portfolio making and employment. We had been asked to create our own website which be filled with all of our university and personal work, which is fantastic as we can finally make a start at getting everything together and presenting it in a neat and professional manor so that possible employers can now see our art work so I was obviously really looking forward to working on this brief.

I am really pleased to say I did manage to complete my website within the desired amount of time and got it to a standard that I am proud of , however, I forgot to document my process by taking screenshots which is a bit of a pain but I can simply talk through it and leave a link to my finished portfolio below. So I had a look round a quite a few website builders and what sort of quality of portfolios they could make and a large amount of them were fantastic looking but cost quite a large amount to keep running each month which really didn't suit me as I preferably needed to find something free. One of my fellow students mentioned to me a website maker called 'Wix' which she had said is incredibly simple to use, easy to pick up, and can create a wide array of different styled and laid out websites so I decided to have a look at it. After playing around with it for half an hour and decided that this would be the website builder for me and got cracking on building my portfolio.

I knew what sort of design I wanted to go for and how I wanted to lay it out so I just had a practice with some of wix features, chopping and changing bits and pieces, editing and adding pictures, before I was finally happy with how it looked. It didn't take me very long to do to be honest as the website builder was so easy to use and overall I think it came out looking really nice. I made sure a few people had a look at it before hand before it went live and they all said it was simple, sweet and suited my art style which was exactly what I was going for. As well as making a website I also made myself a Facebook page where I can put all of my art work so people can view it and it is also a way in which people can contact me if they want to which is great! There isn't really a lot else to say about this so  I have popped a screenshot of the homepage below and also the link to my portfolio as well so you can have a proper look at it.




http://harrietwilson.wix.com/portfolio



No comments:

Post a Comment