Saturday 2 January 2016

Bringing all my work for BA3a together

Creating my design document 


So after spending a good amount of time over the Christmas break to finish off any outstanding mini briefs that I had to complete as well as reading over my essay for any typo changes and creating new blog posts, I was finally able to get on with creating my design document. This is something that was mentioned we would have to produce at the beginning of the course so to be honest I was pretty prepared for this part of the process. I had looked over the previous students design document examples that had been posted on the VLE for reference to make sure I knew what sort of thing I would need to be producing and started thinking about layouts and themes quite early on and now that I had completed everything it was time for me to get on with it.

The first thing I started working out was the colour scheme and font that I wanted to be using throughout my document. I didn't want to leave it plain white as that is fairly dull and I think my document, especially since I am doing a project based around candy, should be colourful and fitting. So I picked out a pink and blue theme that merged with my theme nicely as well as keeping my document look neat and tidy and after that I started having a think about font. I had already chosen my writing font but it was the font I would use for my titles that I was struggling to pick and so I got my peers and family members involved to ask their opinions. Overall number 5 was the most suggested and so I decided to go with their decision although personally I thought all of them could fit the candy based theme.




After the font, theme and colour scheme were all chosen, It was just a case of my then laying everything out all of the work I had completed for BA3a as neatly as I possible so that my document look presentable and full of work. We were told right at the beginning of our term not to go completely overboard with the amount of pages and that keeping it concise was what to aim for and so I made that the main focus of my document. I was able to keep my writing brief yet informative so that I wasn't babbling on for no reason and let the images do the talking which was able to save me on pages and keep my document short and sweet. A large amount of my actual content for BA3a actually consists a lot of research, not so much design work  as I was planning to do most of my art work for BA3b which I really hope wont be a problem and I wont lose marks for as my tutors said this would be okay a little while ago so I just hope nothing has changed since then. Anyway I have popped my finished design document below.






No comments:

Post a Comment