Sunday 3 January 2016

Finishing the first half of my final year

How I felt BA3a went


So BA3a is now over and my god the time has just flown by. I can't believe I am now half way through my last year at university, the days have just gone by too fast, It's crazy. I felt like this term may end up dragging a little as it was so long and I had a hell of a lot of work to do but it was the completely the opposite effect. Even though this term has whizzed past I am really pleased that I was able to sort of my time keeping this time around and make sure that I hadn't left anything to the last second or end up swamped in too much work near the deadline like in BA5 and BA6. I feel really quite happy with myself that I have been able to complete everything at such a good pace and that the work I have produced is up to a good standard. I honestly feel a lot more confident and positive about what I have done this term and I feel less anxious and negative about my work which is wonderful. I am feeling rather calm now that I know I have completed everything that was set for me and that all I have to do is wait for hand in, but it hasn't exactly been a smooth ride and there are a few things that have bothered me about BA3a.

I feel like our course this term, honestly, has been a little chaotic. I have felt really quite lost in several occasions on what we have meant to be producing or working on which really isn't fantastic since this is our third and final year and we should be being told exactly what we need to be doing in order to aim for a first and pass this course. I think we haven't been receiving as much support, feedback and information on our work as we should be and why this has been the case I don't know. As well as this I think quite a lot of people have had quite a lot of stress from doing both our studio work and research report and having added mini briefs on top of all of this really wasn't helpful at all.
I found that I was spending so much time fretting over them that I would neglect my other, far more important work like CS and studio but when I started working on that, I was lagging behind with the mini briefs. None of the work I made for the mini briefs I would say is portfolio material, even though that was the whole point of them, as I ended up having to rush them just to get them out of the way so I could focus on my studio work. Overall I just don't think they were necessary.

But thankfully they won't be a part of our course next term so we won't have to worry about any mini briefs and can properly focus on our studio work. I am actually really quite pleased with a few pieces of work I have been able to produce over this term and I feel like I am improving little by little which is fantastic. I am hoping this is something that will continue through BA3b and will allow me to produce some really nice candy based character artwork for my art book. I am looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment