Thursday 28 January 2016

Thinking how to present my characters

Looking at some existing model and character sheets 


During a conversation I had with my tutor after I got my feedback for BA3a and we spoke about my project and he told me it may be best for my to avoid doing a art book type final piece so I have been trying to think of different ways that I could possibly present my character designs instead. After a little time having a think about my different options the most obvious thing that stood out to me was if I created model sheets of my designs. An art book, either for a video game or a film is a large amount of work created by a multitude of different artists that shows more finalised concepts that actually anything that came before as that work would be far too rough to put into a book so in actually think model sheets would be a better way to present my characters. So essentially I think at the end of my project I will now be aiming to produce a few model sheets and probably a final piece to sum everything up.

I have done a little bit of initial research into this type of design production so I can have some influence earlier on in the process before I actually start doing my character design. I have tried to get a good collection of different model and character sheets from anime, video games, and animated films that have different art styles so that I could have a good look at how each character has been layed out and what elements have been added like expressions or different clothing designs, things like that. I think these will come in handy to refer back to when a get a little further into the design side of my project so I will keep having a look at them for reference.




Haikyuu by Production I.G








Hercules by Walt Disney Animation Studios








Alice Madness Returns by Spicy Horse 








Tarzan by Walt Disney Animation Studios








Overwatch by Blizzard








Big Hero 6 by Walt Disney Animation Studios









Gravity Falls by Alex Hirsch 








Noragami by Madman entertainment 












Wreck It Ralph by Walt Disney Animation Studios 








No comments:

Post a Comment