Friday 22 January 2016

Our second anatomy workshop

Making a pelvis 

Earlier today I attended the second part of our anatomy model making work shops were we moved up the model a little in order to begin working on the pelvis. This is a core part of the human body that needed to be done piece by piece in order for us to learn it's shape and how it works so we spent a lesson focusing on just this area. I have posted an image of the area of the body we were looking at for my own personal reference below in case I need to refer to it and it's separate parts names in the future.


The Pelvis


So we were supplied with a plastic male pelvis each for us to use as a reference, similar to what we did when we modelled the femur, and then, using the same wax as last time, built it up little by little. I have to say I am really enjoying these classes at the moment as they are just so much fun to be in. Our tutor Ron pops round the room to make sure we are on the right track with what we are doing so we have that little bit of guidance but apart from that it is very much a solo thing and it really nice to see your progression each week. I stupidly forgot to take any proper photos of my model this week and only managed to take the image I have posted below but hopefully I will be able to post some better photographs of my work next week. There isn't much to write about in these particular blog posts as so much of the work is practical so hopefully if I have some photos it will be easier to see what I have been doing but as I said I can't wait for next weeks session.




No comments:

Post a Comment