Saturday 3 May 2014

Contextual Studies

Our project and the character I chose


For our newest contextual studies assignment we were given a larger project than usual, something different from creating an essay. We were asked to pair with another member of our class and then, as a pair we have to produce and give a presentation in front a few of our tutors. The presentation doesn’t really have a set theme but there were some key things we had to follow. It had to be about the book ‘Haroun and the sea of stories’ by Salmam Rushdie, which we were asked to read over the Easter break and it had to feature one of the characters that appealed to us from this book. We would have to present our ideas and designs of this character in our presentation and try to link our work with our partners so it would flow properly.  
 
I did manage to finish the book over the Easter break but with a little difficulty. I am not a big reader so the only occasion I will ever sit down and read something is if it is, a comic book, manga or a book that draws me in and interests me. Unfortunately this book wasn’t able to do this so I found it a little dull in most places but as I continued reading I made notes of all the characters that I came across throughout the story but this list soon came to an end when I found the character I wanted to work on.
 
The character I chose was Blabbermouth and this is because she was the only character that really captured my attention, interested me and made me laugh. I thought she had an interesting story and personality and I could find a lot of things about her to work from, especially her appearance. Now I know which character I want to do, I will be able to talk to my partner about who they have chosen and how we are going to link our work together and what the theme of our presentation will be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment