Tuesday 13 May 2014

Personal Drawing

I have been taking various small breaks from my work this project for a little time to rest and recuperate before continuing with everything and during this little chunks of free time I have taken in upon myself to continue my traditional drawings as it helps me relax and they are something that I really want to improve on. I have noticed in a lot of my pieces I keep drawing my characters from a similar position as it is just what I am comfortable with but I knew it was about time for me to break this habit and try out a new pose. I decided for once I was going to draw a piece with a view of someone from the side as I very rarely do this as, on most occasions, it ends up being rubbed out as I am not pleased with it but this time I was determined to work this drawing because, as a concept artist, you have to draw your design from several different angles so this is a little task I have decided to take on a play around with.

I ended up with this drawing of a young teenage girl and her pet rabbit. Drawing this allowed me to practice a side view of a character in my style and also have a go at drawing prop, meaning the Rabbit in this case. I am really pleased with how this piece turned out and It shows with determination and a couple of references images, your drawings can improve.





No comments:

Post a Comment