Tuesday 13 May 2014

The next step

Importing into UDK


Now that my model was finally complete in Maya I knew it was time to tackle UDK. UDK is a piece of software used to be able to insert models created and make games, also known as a game engine. I have had absolutely no experience with game engines and know very little about them. We were given only two work shops based on this game engine which, for me, was not nearly enough time as I needed to be able to understand this software. Even though I did make notes, when I read through them again I found myself getting a little bit lost in places and wasn't sure if I was importing my files properly. The first practice I did was a complete failure as I added way to many objects into UDK when I was supposed to do things piece by piece.

I thought, after this disaster that it would be a wise idea to do a little more research into UDK and see if there were any step by step guides for me to follow. Evidently I found a really useful blog post that talked about the different stages of importing and adjusting things in the game engine which were similar to a couple of tutorial videos I was watching at the time too. I really do like watching tutorial videos are they are just so helpful, especially when they take it nice and slow and explain things step by step. Eventually I found myself drifting off and just looking at show reels of work that people had complete in UDK to see it's capabilities and results, I have posted a few bellow.


 



 
 
 
 
Blog Post
 



No comments:

Post a Comment