Tuesday 22 April 2014

Creating my landscape

Tutorials on how to create a rock

Throughout this project I keep stumbling into things that seem to either stump or frustrate me, leaving me a little lost and confused how to move on. One of these hurdles is how I am going to create my landscape that my underwater castle will be located in. I sketched out an idea of what I wanted it look like and it is basically it is a large rock face with the castle placed on top. I have never tried to create organic objects in Maya before so this already seems like a challenge to me. I wanted to look into what programme was the easiest for creating a object like this so, again I did some video research to see how difficult it looked and I have to admit, I didn't look easy.














rockGen Script

After a few attempts of trying to sculpt a rock and struggling a little, one of my class mates suggested a quick and easy way to create small or large rocks using a script you can import into Maya. The script is called 'rockGen' which was created by Lucas Morgan to enable him to be able to create rocks, organic crystals and stalagmites in a few short and easy steps. I decided to download the script and give it a go and, after having used it, found that it was extremely simple and did exactly what I needed to be able to create my rock face which my castle is placed on top of. Below is a screen shot of a test I did using the rockGen script.




No comments:

Post a Comment