Tuesday 13 May 2014

Finishing up in maya

Day, Afternoon and Night.

Once I had completely finished my work in Maya, modelling, texturing, UV mapping and normal mapping, it was time to move onto my 3 mental ray renders. This was something I had been looking forward to all creating as when I am playing video game I love looking at different lightning and colour variations that have been used so I knew it would be fun to give this a try myself. Also to be fair I was getting a little bored of seeing the same light render over and over again. Before I started setting up for the renders I decided to do a little research for each scene to make sure my lighting and colour use was realistic and believable. Bellow are the images I looked at for referencing.










After looking at these images and analysing their composition and lighting I felt confident enough to start setting up for my renders. My fist render, day, was fairly straight forward as it wasn't too different from the renders I had already been doing previously, I just had to tweak the environment setting by adding a sunny sky behind my model on a plan to give it a warm and bright feel to the piece. The next too renders were a little different as I had to do a lot more to the lightning, background and positioning of the camera to make the scene look right but, as I had looked at image research, I found the process to be surprisingly calm and easy to do. I also boosted up the quality of the renders to make my images look more crisp and less blurry so you are able to see more of the detail of the scene. I really love the effect of these renders, it gives my castle a lot more character and depth and I think my favourite is the night-time scene.




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment