Sunday 4 May 2014

Contextual Studies

Character Choice and Presentation theme

After re reading the pages in the book in which Blabbermouth appeared in, I was able to fully understand her, personality, appearance and purpose within the story which are all key elements I would like to touch on during my presentation. Now I have chosen who my character is, I was able to talk my partner for this project and discuss which character he had chosen and for what reason. I found out that Andrew had decided to do Butt the coach driver from the early chapters of the book which I was really pleased with because I knew he could get some really cool designs out of that character and it also lead me onto a interesting concept for our presentation.

I think it would be a interesting idea to focus on the journey's that these two characters take as they are both very different. Butt's is a physical journey as he drives a couch to many different locations, where as Blabbermouth's is a mental and journey where is goes from being a repressed page to a strong and free women, so this could be our link in our presentation. With the character I have chosen, I will be able to get some good development sketches of what she would look like throughout her journey, which is something I looking forward too. I have also been looking into why she was such a strong female character when the only other 'main' women in the book, 'Princess Batcheat' was so completely utterly useless, which will be a important part of her character development.


No comments:

Post a Comment