Monday 31 March 2014

Personal Drawing

A quick character design

After completing a chunk of my work I decided that I wanted to take a break from my project for a bit as it was starting to stress me out a little so, as I was experiencing a 'good drawing day' I decided to do a character design sketch. I had inspiration to draw a character after watching the Walt Disney production 'Treasure Planet'. This is a movie I used to watch non stop when I was younger and by re-watching it now I can see why I liked it so much. The concepts and designs in this film are visually stunning and creative, plus it has a style that I am very fond of. This style is when there is a mixture of fantasy and Sci-Fi, where older objects have been rebooted with newer parts. The film is mainly based around space pirates which is what really gave me idea for my character design.

At the moment this is what I have design wise. I like starting with the face and hair as it always really helps me get a grasp and develop what the character is going to be like. So far this is what I have sketched out but I also have ideas for what the rest of her outfit and weapons will look like which hopefully I will get around to drawing at some point but I am more likely to draw out a page of expressions first as I enjoy drawing them.


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment