Saturday 22 March 2014

Maya Modelling

The Beginning

So for our new project we were told we would be modelling an object in Maya which is a 3D software that is used to create concepts and designs and is also used by a lot of Gaming company's and people in the industry. Even before we were told about what our BA3 project would be, we were being given tutorials on how to use Maya, this was way back in the beginning of the year, just after we completed our BA1 project. We started from the basics and progressed from there. The lessons helped to show us lost of different tools and shortcuts to help us create our designs.

The first thing I created In Maya was a living room. I had used a 3D software before called 3Ds Max and both programmes were fairly similar but had some core differences that I had to get used too. I did end up looking from something from 'The Sims 2' but it was a very rough design and I simply created it just to get the hang of modelling something in 3D. This was also way before I knew anything about lighting or texturing so everything does look a little plain.




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment