Monday 31 March 2014

Castle Concept

Sketching out my idea

So after pooling my ideas and collecting my specific image research I had a go at starting to sketch out my idea as I really wanted to get some designs down in rough before I leaped into the modelling stage. The first image is of an early beginning sketch I did, I really wasn't too keen on this design and it was pointed out by one of my fellow students that it looked more like a city than a castle which I had to agree with so I decided to go back to the beginning, using elements of this design and adding them into a new one.

The next image was me just quickly getting down a layout of the castle, trying to work out how all the buildings would be placed and how the proportions would work. As you can see I actually changed the layout a lot as I kept drawing it too big or there were design aspects I added that I knew wouldn't work so I had to get it down to the basics before I could move on. With the final layout in mind I started thinking about what the castle itself would actually look like. I then started sketching some ideas of building designs which are drawinga in the last image.






No comments:

Post a Comment