Tuesday 25 March 2014

Gathering texture imagery

Exploring Norwich and taking photographs


Today in our class tutorial we had a very important lecture about improving our texture work by using 3 different types of mapping, a height map, a normal map and a specular map which is a key skill that game artists need to know about when they are creating a  3D model as well as learning and using the programme 'Crazy Bump'. There was a lot of important things to learn about but I was able to model and keep notes throughout the whole lesson which helped my understanding of what I was doing and I can always use them for future reference.

As it was a long and complicated lesson with lots to learn, a group of my fellow students and I decided to take out our cameras and do some environment photography around Norwich to unwind a little. We were focusing mainly on buildings and textures as our tutor had suggested that they would be useful for us to have when creating our 3D model and for referencing. I do think even just taking a few simple photographs of the cathedral helped me get some structural ideas down which was really helpful so overall the trip was success. I am not too sure if the textures I took photos of I will actually use in this project because they make not fit with my castles theme but I will have to see what I think during the modelling period I can always use them for other modelling project.

























No comments:

Post a Comment