Monday 24 March 2014

Castle Design

Reference Images

Before I started sketching out design ideas that I had in my head, I wanted to do a few more mood boards linking to concepts I have thought about adding into my design. A few of them I probably won't end up doing as they are a little too complex for the level I am on right now or they just don't fit in but I wanted to post these up here in case they do influence my work in any way.

The first couples of mood boards are to do with terrain and the environment around the castle, so I can start planning out where it is going to be placed and fit in with the ocean floor. I like the idea of doing a colourful coral reef but as I am not very strong at 3D I think this is a little out of my league and It would be a  waste of time if I spent hours working on a environment that didn't look good when i could have been working on a castle that looks great. The final 3 mood boards are all about the style I want my castle to be in. I am definitely sticking with the fantasy theme and designing something that is semi realistic. I was thinking about making my castle a ruin which would add a lost and mysterious element to it, or making it a sand castle covered in shells for something more colourful and creative. These are still ideas I am hanging onto for the moment but I am not one hundred per cent sure on keeping.








No comments:

Post a Comment