Sunday 23 March 2014

Image Research

Mood Boards of Castles

After receiving our project brief, I set to work on finding lots of different images of castles so that I could enhance my design ideas and to see if they inspired any new ones. I tried to get a wide variety images, such as real life castle, digital painting of castles, animated castles found in movies and video games and also sketches and concepts of castles too. I wanted to make sure I had covered nearly every aspect so I could have a wide variety of references images.

After this I made sure to look into different styles of castles too such as Germanic, Asian and Middle Eastern so I could look into all different structural themes within the castle to try to link it into my work. I then looked into the themes of fantasy themed castles and found lots of different designs that I found appealing and beautiful.

Before I created these mood boards, I had a very basic idea of doing a Japanese castle that is high up on a snowy mountain side or a fantasy castle on top of a cliff looking down over the ocean, but whilst I was doing my image research I found a couple of images that really stood out for me so now I will have to do more research into this concept.





 
  
I also had a brief look into different types of castle bridges on existing structures and some digital painting as well just to get a brief idea of concepts and how they are supposed to look and how I could incorporate them into my design. As my idea is still being developed and I need to do some further research into it reference wise I may do a second mood board on bridges just for more development and ideas to fit with my theme.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment