Sunday 23 March 2014

Design concept

An underwater castle

After looking through all my research for possible castle designs and discussing ideas with my classmates, I realised a lot of the ideas I had thought up were already being done which was a little frustrating as I wanted to do something different from everyone else but there was one idea that I had considered that nobody else had mentioned, and this was creating a underwater castle. The two of the images of this idea I had added to my mood board really stood out for me and were completely different to any of the other concepts which I was really pleased with and I started researching into more of these images right away to make sure I could secure my idea.

The brilliant thing about this kind of design is that there are many different types of concepts I could create stemming from this idea. I have already had a few ideas so far for this design, for example I could create a castle that is made completely out of shells and pieces of a ship wreck collected and built by the people inhabiting the structure, hidden within a large rock crevice. Or I could create a fantasy style castle made out of circular structures that glow with bio luminesce on the side of a rock face with a large bridge linking between two parts of it.

I am aware that this isn't going to be an easy thing to model and I know that 3D isn't my strong suit and I have very little experience with it but I am motivated to work hard and make my design look the best that they can. I think that collecting a large amount of reference images for my ideas will help me with my modelling and also watching a large amount of Maya and UDK videos on YouTube will also help me improve, so this is what I need to move onto now. Bellow are the concept designs I found when I was researching on Google images and I really like the 6th and 7th designs.















No comments:

Post a Comment