Tuesday 7 October 2014

The beginning of a new term

Pieces I have been working on over the summer break

Well it is the beginning of a new academic year for me which I am both apprehensive and excited about getting into as it feels like such a long time since I have been university and seeing as I know as soon as I return I am going to have ALOT of work to get done, I thought it would be a good idea to upload a few pieces that I completed over the break.

Initially I began working on a piece that I have been meaning to colour for a while now which is the first image I uploaded. I wanted to create a piece that was a little different from my regular one's which is normally just a close up of a characters face so this time I tried to focus on adding a 'prop' for my character to interact with, in this case it happens to be a rabbit.


 ~

One huge influence for me over the summer break occurred when I went to go see Marvel's Guardians of the galaxy. It instantly fell in love with this film and it quickly became my latest obsession, so after this mind blow a lot of my drawings began to spiral off from the film. It began with a little bit of fan art of the deadly assassin Gamora which I found a lot of fun to draw due to her unusual skin tone and marking on her face and as soon as I was finished with this piece I knew exactly what I wanted to draw next. I wanted to create a character that could easily blend into the Guardians of the galaxy environment and cast because why not, so I began sketching out my ideas for this person.


~

Below are a few pieces I created of the sci-fi influenced character who I named Tali. After creating a initial first piece portrait so I could get the feel of the colours I wanted to use for her I then began roughly sketching out concept of what her energy guns and yellow jumpsuit would look like which I really enjoyed doing as I felt keen to bring this character to life. When I felt comfortable and confident enough with her design I did a very rough 'chibi' sketch of her to, once again, make sure all the colours worked well together as a piece and then I finally moved onto my big piece.

I decided it was about time that I did a full body piece with a few different poses incorporated because admittedly I do normally shy away from drawing that sort of thing as I don't feel practically confident about my anatomy drawing but I knew to be able to improve I would have to give it a go eventually. I used a site called pose maniacs for the anatomy references and then I had to make sure that the proportions and sizing between the two characters was correct which took a little re editing and cropping but it got there eventually and to be honest I am actually very proud of this piece.







No comments:

Post a Comment