Tuesday 27 October 2015

The third mini brief

'Tree house' 


So recently we were told what our next mini brief was going to be about and, unfortunately, it would be related to environment art. I really haven't exactly had the best track record when it comes to this type of concept art creation as drawing environments really isn't my strong point. I just struggle with getting the perspective right and getting depth into my designs, they just end up looking flat and plain so to be honest I was a little apprehensive about this mini project right from the get go but when I heard what it actually was I felt a little more confident in the idea. I have popped the minimal brief we were given below: 


Create a model sheet for a Tree House; using a style, location and context of your choosing. Present texture reference and ensure enough information is evident for a modeller, they will need it…


So essentially what we are being ask to do is complete a few rough sketches of possible tree house ideas, pick which one we want to make into a model sheet and complete that, then pick out some textures which would match what you have envisioned for your design. Luckily the brief really wasn't as bad as I thought it may be, although it does involve environment art, it isn't as technical as the last mini brief was and that is what I found most difficult about it, this is far more creative and doesn't really have any boundaries which is nice. I decided that the best thing for me to do to start off with was finding some image research of tree houses to see what kinda of existing designs there are out there as well looking at some fantasy concept as well for some less realistic designs inspiration. I have compiled a few of the images I really liked into a couple of mood boards and have popped them below.







I think these are a really nice combination of different designs, both existing and fantasy and have given me a little inspiration but at the moment I am kind of struggling to try and think of a specific location and style as it specified in the brief as there are just so many possible options and I don't want to do anything to cliché. I will just have to have a little think about it and see how it goes but for now the next thing I need to do is get some rough sketches down to help my ideas flow and see if I can come up with a design I like.




No comments:

Post a Comment