Wednesday 4 November 2015

Presenting where i am with my studio work

How it went and what my feedback was


So in our most recent group session we were asked to create a power point presentation and then stand up in front of the class and our tutors and explained what exactly our studio work project is, where about we are with it now and what we will be doing next. It was a really casual sessions so there was nothing to be nervous about when it came to presenting our work and each and everyone one of us got some really good feedback from each of our tutors on the work we have done so far and we we could do in the future. The slides I made for my presentation can be seen below. 















Unfortunately as we weren't using the regular monitor screens to show our presentations and were using a projector instead, the colours on my presentation were completely washed out and you could barely read any of the text. This was really frustrating as I am sure I could of gotten some more feedback that I did, especially when it come to the characters I had thought about making, but there wasn't really anything I could do about that and just had to press on. Even though my presentation was exactly visible I made sure I made up for that with my talking and tried to get as much information across for my tutors to comment on, which they did. I have listed what they suggested that I should focus on below.


  • Look into what colour theory is 
  • Think about the use of shapes in your designs 
  • Don't go to over board with different style variations 
  • Think about what the best way would be to make my art book pages 
  • Try not to stick to flat colour pieces. Make sure to add shading and lighting. 


All of the advice given by my tutors was really helpful as they suggested certain things that I hadn't even considered focusing on before. The comment about how I shouldn't go too over board with my style variations was really really helpful as I was struggling to narrow down how much variation I should do exactly. My tutor said in this particular design process, one where the designs are going to be put in an art book, you want a fairly key style to show through throughout and not just have heaps and heaps of different sketches and concepts otherwise you are not sticking down a certain path and might end up with a confusing final concept. This was really helpful advice as I wanted to have a wide variety of different style variations and now I am just going to keep it to a minimum.

So now that I have gotten some really good feedback I will be able to focus on each of these points later on in the project but for now I need to continue with my image research and character ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment