Thursday 1 October 2015

Finishing the mini brief

My 'Insect' final piece 



After I had completed the research and design process of the 'Insect' mini brief I knew it was time to move onto creating my final piece. Due to the basic silhouette designs I had made earlier I now knew what kind of design I wanted to be working towards when it came to creating my creature as I could pick pieces out of the different silhouettes and incorporate them into my final design. 

What I really needed to do now was draw a subtitle pose, draw the armour and clothing on top and then colour it. Usually I would completed this process by drawing it all out in my sketchbook with a pencil but this time around I wanted to challenge myself and see if I could draw straight into Photoshop using my tablet. This is usually something I find a little tricky to do as I never thinks it looks quite right but It is so much easier to edit a piece when it is done digitally and I really want to practice my digital work so this was a good opportunity to do so. Also the reason I have chosen Photoshop is because it is a industry preferred programme so the more I can use it the better. 



My final piece for the 'Insect' Mini Brief 



Completing the piece took a little longer than I thought it would as I am still a bit of a photoshop novice and I really wanted to spend a lot more time refining it and getting it up to a quality I was happy with but, at the end of the day, this was just a mini brief and It just needed to be done and then moved on from as we still have a large amount of work to do for our main project which is the most important thing. Overall I think it turned out okay, I was happy that I was able to incorporate both nature and insect parts like the Conker shell shoulder pads and the stag beetle armour and also focusing on creating another piece that didn't use outlines and was just practising with colour and shade, like what I did for my painting of 'Disgust'.  

Now that this mini brief is completed I must move on and focus my attention on my research report and studio work in order to make sure that I don't fall behind and keep my ideas flowing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment