Friday 8 May 2015

Starting on the creative side of the project

Making mood boards 



So after I thought about and decided what design ideas I would like to focus on for each of the future situations I am looking into for BA6 I knew it was time for me to begin moving into the more creative side of my project and to start thinking about the character concepts I am going to be working on. But I knew before I started to get any sketch work done I would need to do some image research in order to get my concepts flowing and have some influences to work from.

The first thing I looked at for image research was locations that have been effected by sever flooding and what the aftermath of this was. I looked into certain events such as the Tsunami that occurred in Haiti in 2004 and the more recent Tsunami that hit Japan due to a large earthquake in 2011. All of the photographs I found and looked at where very haunting to look and made me a quite emotional. It was frighting to see what a horrible effect nature can have on mankind and how it effects peoples lives once the destructive event has been and gone. After looking at this I also went on to do some image research into cyborg concept designs and finding some photographs of real life bionic limbs. I found a lot of really interesting designs and images which I am sure will help to influence a lot of more design and sketch work when I am coming up with character concepts.










No comments:

Post a Comment