Friday 22 May 2015

My evaluation

How I felt BA6 went overall



Below I have put what I wrote for my 500 evaluation of BA6.



For BA6 I decided to focus on the different positive and negative future situations that mankind could face through the use of character concept art. I wanted my designs to specifically focus on how the humans of earth would look in certain circumstances that could take place in around fifty to hundred years’ time. The deeper meaning behind my project is that fact that the future is something that everybody thinks about in one way or another whether it’s a trivial thought or something much more philosophical and so this means that my designs can connect to anyone who looks at them and hopefully provoke an emotional response from the viewer. Over the course of this project it was my initial goal to produce a large amount of different character designs but I then started to narrow down my thoughts and focus my attention on one type of future events that mankind really wants to strive for and one that they would want to avoid. This concept lead me to deciding to create only two final designs so that I could have characters who will be very rather different from each other and will cause completely different reactions from the viewer.

I knew that for BA6 one of my goals was to create and large amount of design work in the programme Photoshop as it is far more professional than the one I am producing work in at the moment and it is necessary to learn how to use it if I want to create design work in the games industry. Along with this element I wanted to experiment with a slightly different artist style from the one I find myself using at the moment in order to help me try and improve how I draw characters in general and get a little  more creative experimentation instead of sticking to drawing cartoon/anime inspired pieces. Overall this is the element of BA6 I am most proud of and positive about as I feel like my art style has been able to involve and grow just by trying out different some experimentation with software and artistic techniques. It has motivated to stick with using Photoshop as I am now determined to learn more about how the software works and can be enabled to create strong pieces character art. 


As for the more negative side of this project I feel disappointed in myself that I wasn’t able to improve on my time management since BA5 as this caused me not to be able to create a lot of the work that I had planned out in the early stages of my project. I think I let a large amount of negative thinking slow down my design process which is unfortunate but that doesn’t mean I cannot change this. I feel that as BA7 will be spread out over a very large amount of time I will be able to spend a few days planning out exactly what I want to do so that I will be far more prepared then I was this time around. 



No comments:

Post a Comment