Thursday 7 May 2015

Design ideas based on cyborgs

Human adapting themselves with the use of technology 


After completing my research into the present technology of cybernetic modification which is used in today society and then taking this research further to look at how this may be modified and improved in the near and far future I starting having a think about what kinda ideas I could used going off of this topic. I knew I certainly wanted to avoid Artificial Intelligence as I was looking for a positive effect on mankind whereas AI is apparently going to lead to our demise so I knew I should focus more on the human side of things instead of robot technology. Out of the research I did on this topic there a section from the Wikipedia page I read about Cyborgs that really interested me and I have posted it below.


A cyborg (short for "cybernetic organism") is a theoretical or fictional being with both organic and biomechatronic parts. The term cyborg is not the same thing as biotic and often applied to an organism that has restored function or enhanced abilities due to the integration of some artificial component or technology that relies on some sort of feedback. It is hypothesized that cyborg technology will form a part of the future human evolution.


It says that cybernetic technology will possibly be something that helps to step up the speed of human evolution as as technology will most likely be far more advanced and accessible in the future then it is possible that people will be able to fitted with bionic piece of technology even if they don't have a disability of amputation of any kind.




My design idea


Compared to my story concept for the first future situation I focused on which was Climate Change, this is going to be a lot more simple and easy to explain as there are no added theories or facts and figures to take into mind. Basically I want to focus on a future that is roughly about 50 years into the future where mankind's economy has boomed and technology has now become extremely advanced. This includes things such as gadgets, electronic devices, hospital equipment and bionic and cybernetic technology.

This area of technology that is linked to bionic equipment and the engineering of robots has boomed as mankind's knowledge on the area has become so advanced and extensive meaning that they have now extended past just using cybernetic equipment on people who are disabled or are amputees and have started to incorporate technology into people who have nothing wrong with them what so ever. It is simply something that people can have done to enhance their bodies natural abilities and is a approved thing to do as people see it as a way to speed up the process of human evolution. But due to this being such a advanced procedure with a large amount of electronic technology involved it means that some of cheapest prices to get something done can be the cost of what some expensive plastic surgery procedures can be today which means that it is only accessible for people who can afford it. But for people who are soldiers for example get these 'upgrades' for free due to the fact that they could easily help a person fighting and survival skills and will turn them into stronger recruits.

So overall I am going to be drawing designs of cyborg characters who have been able to either afford or get these bionic parts for free. I will be focusing on the difference between a military upgrades which will be a bit more clunky but will also posses technology which will help improve things such as running and muscle strength, and a cosmetic upgrade which will be far more sleek and subtle looking. Now that I have my idea down it is important that I start doing some image research so I will be able to get some good creative design sketches down.




No comments:

Post a Comment