Friday 15 May 2015

Thinking about different design aspects

Focusing on clothing 



Now that I have completed my sketch pages of a variety of different characters for my two future circumstances it is time for me to move on and start drawing the full body version of the two characters I have picked to design. I have a lot of different design ideas tumbling about in my head but I knew it would be important for me to get some image research beforehand so that I can solidify my creative ideas and get some good clothing sketches down later on in the process. 

So I started off with finding some image of existing or photo manipulated pictures of clothing that have a futuristic, modern and almost sci-fi feel to them so that I would have some inspiration for my female cyborg. A lot of the image I found are actually clothes that are found on the cat walk which are always a little eccentric but I thought they would work nicely in this situation. Also one of the things I loved about some of the designs were the simple patterns on them which I am sure is something I can include in my own sketches. The second thing I looked at was the style of clothing that would be worn in a post apocalyptic environment as it is the closest I could think of to what I have envisioned my flood survivor boy to be wearing. Obviously the clothing will be a little similar to that of what the female cyborg is wearing as it is in a close time range so I must bare this in mind when I am working out design concepts. Now that I have completed this basic image research into futuristic clothing I am now able to move on and begin drawing out my character designs in full body and detail.   









No comments:

Post a Comment