Monday 11 May 2015

Character design pages

Cyborgs and survivors 



After doing a large sum of image research to help influence my design ideas and reading through some art books to see the process that character artists took for different video games such as 'Mass Effect' and 'Borderlands' I felt confident enough to begin with designing my cyborg and flood survivor characters. I wanted to start off with just drawing the faces of different characters as things such as clothing and accessories are a design aspect I want to complete later on in the process after I have gotten more image research. So I began with just jotting down some rough sketches of different faces and then, once I had filled the space I went back over them to add in more little bits of detail to make each person more unique and, by doing this it helped me build up a little story for each of them in my mind as I thought about what their different design elements could mean. 

Now that this is complete I will take two of the character designs, one from each page and then expand on these two character by doing variations of clothing and hair ect to help give them more depth. I have chosen to fully design the 22 year old female android in the centre of the first page and the 11 year old male flood survivor in the centre of the second page. The reason behind this is that based on little bit of back story I have given them both, which I will expand on when I create my final pieces, I think they are a big contrast to each other and fit the genres of a future mankind does want and doesn't. So now that I have completed these initial design pages it it time for me to move on and create more design variations of my two chosen characters. 









No comments:

Post a Comment