Sunday 11 January 2015

My final decision

The Concept Pre-Visualisation Art Test

During the first week of the new project we were told that we needed to know what Art Test we were going to be choosing and to start completing the necessary research we needed. At that moment of time I was still very confused and stuck about which test I actually wanted to complete for this part of the project. It was in-between going with something I felt more confident with completing as I am very used to drawing character designs, or trying to go for something that would be more of a challenge for me and not guaranteed that I would do to well on. As I was very in-between the two choices I decided that I needed to ask my tutors what they thought would be the best plan of action for me instead of choosing something and then realising that it was the wrong one for me to do. I had a quick talk with my tutor George about the two 2D concept art options I was in-between doing and asked what his opinion was on which one I should complete.

 He instantly told me that I should do the Concept Pre-Visualisation Art Test as it would be a opportunity for me to try and draw something different instead of just character design and would help to expand my artistic capabilities. I explained to him that I was worried that my environment designs wouldn't quite be up to scratch as I am not very used to drawing that sort of thing but he quickly explained that the art wasn't the important thing in this project, its the research. As long as I complete a large amount of research and then the others elements that the Art Test is made up of them I shouldn't have a problem with this project. Speaking to my tutor helped clarify to me which Art Test I should focus on for the first three weeks of the project. I think he was completely right when he said I should try something different as my art work doesn't have a large amount of variety and I know that that is something I need to work on in the future.

Overall I am more than happy to begin working on this project as it will be something a little different for me to work on and I would like to see how much I can push myself and if I make any improvements in the process. The next stage for me now is to do more research into the game Fable, especially to do with the environments and buildings included in the game to make sure I heading down the right path when it comes to actually drawing out my designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment