Monday 12 January 2015

Thinking about my thumbnails

Image research into different environments 


Before I attempted to sketch out any thumbnails designs I knew I should start off by considering the location and layout of the Citadel we were supposed to design for this Art Test. When I was reading through the brief I noticed in the first paragraph that it said 'The hub is a citadel that sprawls from deep within the earth to the clouds above'. This means that different sections of the city could be located in different environments such as in the mountains or in underground caves. This also means we will have to be able to draw these different areas if we want to give variety to our designs. Baring this in mind I decided to do a little image research into a variety of environments found on earth so that I would be able to have references and inspiration when I started drawing out my concept art. 
Below is a collage of different photographs that I really liked and will hopefully come in handy if I need some inspiration for colour, lighting or just something to draw later on in the process. 





No comments:

Post a Comment