Saturday 24 January 2015

Stumbling upon perfect image references

Bonifacio in Corsica


I am now at the stage of the Art Test where I should starting to focus on creating my colour studies by working off of the value studies and thumbnails that I had created previously but I ended up coming to a little bit of a creative stand still. I knew exactly what was being asked off me for this next stage of the project but my work had seemed to have lost any design inspiration that I had thought of in the beginning of the process. The really rough value studies I ha produced didn't give a clear idea of what sort of environment I wanted to create as of my studies made the city I was designing look dull and moody where I actually wanted it to be far more colourful and vibrant. This was beginning to irritate me and I knew I needed to get a bit of inspiration back so I decided to do some brief image research into different cities layouts and architecture to hopefully help bring something more to my design ideas before I had to create my three final pieces. 

I knew exactly what type of design and setting I wanted to produce for the Fable inspired citadel and that was one which was located on a large sea cliff that lead down to harbours and beaches where the cities main trade took place. As this is the type of environment I was aiming to recreate I started to scroll through google images to see what sort of photos I could find of this type of scene. After a lot of scrolling I stumbled across an image of a small town that was crammed onto the side of a tall steep cliff face, buildings nearly toppling over the edge. This nearly mirrored the type of environment design I had in mine so I followed a trail of links to find out what the name of this place was and try to see more photos of it. I soon found out the town was called Bonifacio and was located in Corsica which is small island just off of Italy and is in the Corse-du-Sud department of France. Below is a mood board of the town and it's fantastic coast line and structure. I found these photos really inspiring as it is such a beautiful place with really lovely views and layout and I think that looking at this images will help me picture how I want to layout my final designs and get a better idea of perspective for this type of environment. 





No comments:

Post a Comment