Saturday 31 January 2015

Nearing the end of the design process

Completing my colour studies 


So after completing a little further image research and creating a collection of different usable gradients based of photographs of different environments and lighting, I felt confident enough to move onto working on my colour studies. I was previously shown a technique I could use by one of my fellow students who has spoken to my tutor Nigel about how to go about creating these studies. The idea was to grab one of the previous value studies we had produced for this Art Test and then over lay one of the gradients on top of our chosen thumbnail. This would allow us to pick out colours from the gradients we created to add different lighting to a final pieces we had to produce to help create a image that had more feeling and a scenic setting to it.

Baring this in mind I picked out a mixture of the different gradients and value studies I had completed and mashed them together, making sure it was thinking about the lighting and composition of the image. I also make sure I picked a variety of different lighting so that I could have a few images based at night and in the day. Below are the five different colour studies that I completed. Overall I think that my candidates for the three final designs are the top left thumbnail, the middle right thumbnail and the top right thumbnail. This way I will have a variety of location and and lighting in my scenes and this will hopefully allow me to create far more visually interesting final pieces.






No comments:

Post a Comment