Tuesday 6 January 2015

A further explanation of BA5

Looking at the tutor given Art Tests


Today's sessions was a further look into BA5 as we were given a clearer description on what the project entails. This was just a basic summary to make sure we all understood what we were supposed to be doing and if we had any queries about the work so far. We also received our first look at the different Art Tests that the tutors had created which allowed us to gain a clearer understanding of the type of work we would need to produce for this unit and what different areas we could specify in. There are actually seven Art Tests instead of eight which gives us less to choose from which I actually think is a good idea as there are a couple I am interested at looking at as possible options. Any more and I would have been spoilt for choice.

Below are the list of different Art Tests that are available for us to choose from. Each test has a written description explaining what you should be focusing on for your project and work will need to be submitted in hand in. Luckily we have been given a wide variety of different areas of the games industry to choose from so we can pick one out that we feel comfortable and confident in completing.
The follow briefs can be seen in the images below. 



OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM

  • 3D environment art
  • 3D character artist
  • Character concept artist
  • Environment concept artist
  • Concept pre-visualisation
  • UI designer
  • Games designer




From a brief look over each Art Test I am already being swayed by two of the 2D concept art tests that are available to choose from which are the Concept Pre-Visualisation Test and the Character Concept Artist test. The reason for this is that I believe that this is the area I am more suited for and have the most confidence in as I creating and drawing out designs and concepts. I am also wary about any of the 3D options as 3D really isn't one of my strong points as I worry that any work I produce in this area wouldn't be strong enough to submit. But this is just a first impression at the moment, my course of action now is to read through each options carefully to make sure I am choosing the correct Test to work on as I would hate to have to change my mind later on in the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment