Thursday 15 January 2015

Moving onto drawing

Completing the thumbnails

After my most recent session where I received feedback from my tutors, I started to focus and push forward with the more artistic side of the Art Test. I could have done a much larger amount of research into the subject of environments and districts but as I was starting to fall behind a little when it came to work load, I decided to press on. I moved away from research into Fable and starting thinking about my thumbnail designs, where is the citadel located? What season will be depicted? What is the layout of the city? These where all things that I needed to consider as I sketched out my concepts as thinking about the location was a big part of the test.

I knew to keep my work flow going and the quicken my drawing speed, I was going to use my tutor Nigel's technique of taking 5 minutes on each sketch, so that I don't spend far too much time on one and neglect the others. Whilst I was thinking about my thumbnails designs, I was also considering that fact that I am working on an area which I am not particularly used to and that I should keep this theme going. I was originally planning to hand draw all of my thumbnails in a sketch book which is what I am comfortable with but for this Art Test, as I was testing myself already, I thought I should try drawing them digitally with my tablet instead.  Using this medium mixed with Nigel's technique, helped my to produce sixteen quick designs which can be seen below.

Over all I am not too keen on how these turned out which may be due to the fact that I am used to drawing concepts with pencil to paper or the fact that environments are not my strong point but I do have something to work with here so I am now able to move onto my value and colour studies and keep progressing with the project.  








No comments:

Post a Comment