Monday 17 February 2014

Personal Drawing

Facial Study

After looking through my recent life drawing sketches I realised I was struggling with realistic drawings as I was so used to creating cartoon inspired pieces. So I decided to have a crack at drawing a realistic human face as it would help me with proportions and emotions when it comes to character designing. It was supposed to be just a regular drawing of female face but I noticed the head was at a slightly creepy angle and after playing a lot of 'Alice Madness Returns' I felt inspired to draw something a little odd so began by giving her lifeless eyes and slightly sad smile. Then I just went a bit crazy and started adding in android pieces along with a tag looped through her ear, representing she is the first of a line of human experiments. This piece is a work in progress and I'd love to import it into 'Corel Painter' and paint over the top. I do prefer drawing my concepts in pencil to begin with as  I feel more comfortable with this method and I am able to express myself better when it comes to my designs.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment