Monday 17 February 2014

Drawing studies


Outside drawing
 
During the course of our project we have extra classes to help us improve our drawing skills. For the fist week we went to the forum in the centre of Norwich to practice our outside drawing. I still struggle quite a bit with realism in life drawing and I also need to practice drawing more quickly as I didn't get it finished in time so I am not especially pleased with this piece but I did get most of the basics line work down and can always return to the same spot to complete it.
 
 
 
 
 
During the second week we were focusing on drawing water. Water is one of most difficult things to try to draw, traditionally or digitally so it was important for us to give it a try. Despite the draw back of being outside in the cold for so long that my hands went numb I actually really enjoyed this exercise as I think it went a lot better than last weeks drawing session and has convinced me to try doing some more realistic looking drawings as I really think it's going to help me improve.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment