Monday 17 February 2014

Life Drawing

Session 1

I must apologise in advance for the photo quality, if I had done them any lighter the glare off the paper would have been too much so this is the best I could do.

For our first life drawing session of this term, we took part in similar activities that we did last project. To begin with we did some quick figure sketches that we had about 3 minutes on each . I am happy that I got the main shape of the model into the drawing but I would have liked more time on each one to be able to go back and add more detail as I am not pleased with how these turned out. I think anatomy really is something I struggle with and is something I hope to improve on.

Next we worked on expressions which is something I am a little more comfortable drawing due to my style being rather cartoony. Again I found time restraints of under 5 minutes frustrating as I like taking my time with a piece and getting in all the details and making it look the best I can be. Similarly with the more detailed facial drawing below, although we had more time I didn't feel comfortable drawing this as I would have liked to have gotten the key features in properly instead of just roughly sketching them. I don't like this piece at all as I made her look much older than she actually is. I know I feel quite negative about my life drawing but I am positive that it is something I can improve on.




 


Session 2

For our second session we started similarly to the last session we had, starting with anatomy study and figure shape but this time we were given an ink pen to use. Sadly I wasn't really a fan on this pen as we had around 3 minutes on each sketch and I spent most of that time reapplying ink to the nib. Doing some anatomy is something that is really going to help me improve so it needs to be done.

After this we were started looking at hands and even though they are notoriously hard to draw I actually enjoyed this more than drawing the model. We had a little more time on each one and I think they turned out quite nicely even though the fingers are looking a little chubby. We did do a final piece but unfortunately I used a yellow pencil for a part of it and it just isn't showing up in the photo so I left this one out.



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment