Tuesday 1 December 2015

Starting getting some designs done

Experimenting with art styles 


Now that I have done a little research into shape and colour theory as well  as having a look at a few art books I decided that I should have a little go at getting some art style sketches down. I made a plan at the beginning of the year that a large amount of BA3a would be dedicated to research that I can put into my design document as well as doing a few bits of design work here and there, where as BA3b would be focusing way more on the actual art work side of my project and layout of my art book pages. As I have done a considerable amount of work for my candy based project and I knew that my design document couldn't be all research I decided that I would get some art style sketches done so that I could add them in there and have a good place to go from after Christmas.

So I put my research on hold for a while and decided to just get down a pages of sketches of possible different art styles that my game could use. I was going to have a little look into different anime and cartoons for influence but I thought it might be best just to get some designs done that have come right off the top of my head first so I have a starting point to go from. I have popped below the design page I have done.





I tried to get a good variety of different possible styles whilst trying to stick to a more cartoon/anime looking art style as this is the general feel I want to give them game. As I am aiming to make my characters quite expressive, my favourite style at the moment is the one I used for the 3 faces down in the bottom right as I think they very clearly each emotion I have chosen for them and could allow me to get some really nice character designs from them but this could change after a little experimentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment