Sunday 27 December 2015

Finishing the third brief

My completed tree house model sheet 


After I finished the sketch page of my Japanese inspired tree house and I had a good idea of what I wanted it to look like, I decided to just get straight on with making my tree houses model sheet. I was actually sort of dreading having to do this as it involves environment art with technical thinking and perspective which are a few things that I am not exactly fantastic at doing but as I started to sketch out my design, it actually started to turn out a lot better than I thought it would. I think since I had a very strong idea of what I wanted my design to look like I was easily able to draw it out in a front, side and back view, as well as quickly adding some colour to it without too much complication and to be honest I am quite happy with how it turned out. My finished model sheet can be seen below.




Then once I had finished my Japanese spirit tree house design I knew I had to add some material references which had been specified by the brief so I had a look online to see if I could find a few examples that would help a 3D modeller if they were going to look over this model sheet. I decided not to add any examples of any seamless textures and instead just put little images of different parts of my design would look like and were I got my inspiration from. This has actually been one of my favourite mini briefs to complete as I think it turned out quite nicely and that I am improving with drawing environment art.


No comments:

Post a Comment