Thursday 17 April 2014

Finding references

Textures for my 3D model


After working out my design ideas and doing a little concepting in Maya, I started to have thoughts of the textures I wanted to use on my model. I started having a look through some images on Google to find textures that would fit my ideas. I made sure to search for seamless textures to help with my UV mapping and to try to make my model the best it could be. Unfortunately this wasn't the case for all of the images but seams aside I did find some ones I really liked and that fitted perfectly. These bellow are a few of them.


 





Research into textures

Even though I had found perfect textures for what I needed, I wanted to have a look at how you would create a tillable texture just in case I found another one that I liked but it wasn't seamless. I had a little browse round YouTube and it seems that the best methods are using Photoshop to edit the image until it is in a state where it can be patterned over and over again without any trouble. I am not brilliant with Photoshop so sometime I find doing large task in there difficult but these methods seemed pretty easy to handle. These videos are really handy to refer too as for my model I think I have barely basic textures but for my next model I could have something for more complex where I will have to use this technique.







No comments:

Post a Comment