Monday 21 April 2014

Choosing A Game Engine

Will UDK work for what I want to produce?


Knowing that after the Easter break I will have to start working with a game engine, I wanted to have a look into the one that was suggested to me to see what sort of things it was able to produce. My tutor and a few of my fellow students suggested UDK to me as they said it was capable of creating a underwater environment which is exactly what I need to complete my scene and make my model come to life. I decided to take there advice and I had a little look into what this game engine could do. From watching several tutorial videos I realised that the underwater effect was achievable but it looks extremely complex to me. One of the students in my class said they will be able to guide me through the process of creating this effect which will be perfect as I always find someone sitting down with me and taking me step by step is helpful. I have posted the videos I looked at bellow.



 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment