Monday 29 February 2016

Continuing with my candy based project

Doing a initial style practice and colouring test 


Once I had finished planning out what kind of body shape I wanted for my characters as well as doing a little bit more of my own personal drawing again and also revising all the different character ideas I had thought up in BA3a, I thought it would be a good idea to keep my creativity flowing and just continue with getting some more work done. As I have been feeling motivated to do some more artwork digitally as all my more recent pieces have been drawn onto a tablet and I have been really pleased with how they turned out I decided that, just to get the ball rolling, I would have a go drawing and colouring one of the candy based characters I had planned out so that I could use my chosen art style and colouring technique just to see what it would look like as a finished piece and to see if I needed to make any tweaks to what I had chosen.

I actually did this previously at the beginning of BA3a to help me get me get my project kick started and so that I could properly visualise the type of look I am aiming for so I just decided to have another crack at this again and just draw out the same character I chose before to see how far my idea has progressed. This and also because I am really excited about my project and I just really wanted to draw one of the character designs I have had stuck in my head for a long time now as I am pretty passionate about it. I have popped the piece I did last term down below as well as the new piece I have just finished so that you can see the small progression of my character Bubblelina.




My original design idea




Experimenting with my chosen art style and cel shading



Although this was just a fun little experimental piece I wanted to do before I actually started focus properly on my characters features like her clothing, hair style and set colour scheme might be I am pretty pleased with how this has turned out.  I am really enjoying drawing digitally at the moment, ever since I got the programme Paintstorm Studio really as I find that it is so much smoother and nicer to use for drawing than Photoshop is, however, that being said they are both compatible with each other so I can open my files in each and I usually end up doing my colouring in Photoshop so I use a bit of both. Although I am slowly getting used to doing some more stuff digitally I have also been craving to go back to pencil and my pro markers so I might have a go at that to do some more sketchy stuff later on. Either way this was just a bit of fun to see how my art style would look as a final piece and I have to say I am really pleased with it so I am going to continue down this route design wise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment