Monday 7 March 2016

Beginning to draw all my candy characters

A sketch page of possible design ideas 


So after doing a little character practice piece just to help get the ball rolling and also so I could have a quick go at testing out the art style and colouring method I am planning to use for this project I decided that it was time for me to crack on and have a go at drawing all of the candy based characters I had planned out. Now this is just something I have been wanting to do for a while now because I have all these visions of what I want my characters to end up looking like at the moment and have, over the course of BA3a and BA3b, have been able to narrow down my ideas so that I know what kind of art style I am going for so I thought it would be a good idea for me to draw each of my characters in this chosen style just so I could get my initial ideas down visually before I start progressing with developing them any further. I have just popped the character sketch page I recently completed down below so you can see how my ideas are looking so far and have colour coded the sketches so you know who each character is.






Originally my first idea was to create a sketch page of my characters as full body drawings but I haven't actually decided on any clothing styles yet, which is what I need to do next really, so I thought just doing a page of head shots would be easier where I could have a little experiment with initial possible hairstyles and expressions for each of my characters. Doing this sketch page has really helped me visualise the type of look I am going for design wise and also allowed me to have a think about what my characters facial expressions would look like in order to portray the type of personality I want them to have which was a lot of fun to do. I am pretty pleased with how this page of designs came out as I think I have been able to capture my characters quite nicely so now what I need to do is move on from this point and just keep developing them further.


No comments:

Post a Comment