Wednesday 24 February 2016

The fifth anatomy workshop

Looking at a few of the thigh muscles 


So I had another anatomy model making class today where this time around we continued focusing on the lower half of the body, so the legs but we moved on from working on the bones and had a go at adding some more of the muscles on instead which was nice to do as all of our skeletons were looking a little bare. We specifically worked on sculpting some of the larger muscles which can be found in the thigh and Ron told us, whilst using his own models for demonstrations, what each chunk of the thigh did and how it effects the rest of leg. I have popped a visual example I found online with some basic labelling on it in case I want to refer back to it when I am doing an anatomy drawing.




An example of the area we were modelling



This week instead of using the typical white wax we have been using to sculpt the bones, we were introduced to a new black wax that seemed almost more like clay than anything else as it was so soft. It has a much lower melting point than the white wax does and so it became soft very easily when put in the boiling water but overall I found it was actually much nicer to shape and mould with so I was able to make the shapes of the muscles that I needed quite easily. We were able to use as base image that Ron made for us to size up the muscle to make sure it would be the right size before we applied it to our skeleton which made things simpler as well. The we had sculpted the main thigh muscle in black wax we moved back to using the orange wax we had used in previous weeks to add another part of the thigh muscle that can be found on the back of the leg. I have popped a few photos of how my model progresses through this weeks session below so you can see the new elements I had sculpted.









No comments:

Post a Comment