Wednesday 29 January 2014

Design Ideas Research

Nature Images

After looking at my image research on fairies/sprites and before I started on my values studies I wanted to have a little look at different aspects that would make up my character. Looking at the silhouettes I created I could see a lot of wing like shapes so I had a little look into different insects wings. Butterflies were the obvious choice to their colourful patterns but I also really like the simplicity of clear insects wings so I could possibly merge them together somehow to create one designs.

I then though about what my characters clothing would be made out of and I decided that it would be petals and leaves as they have a nice shape to them and there are hundreds of types of plants and flowers. I made sure I researched into common and rare plants to get a real variety of images and design ideas. Now that I have a wide collection of inspiration I can move onto my value studies with confidence.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment