Thursday 7 November 2013

Final Piece


 
 

This is my completed image for my final piece. After finishing the main image I did some image research for the background, mainly looking at Iron Age houses as I wanted her to be inside her room of the cooper tower. I noticed that the houses were very basic and didn't have a lot inside and I figured as she is a convicted criminal she wouldn't have many luxuries, furniture being one of them.

I wanted the background to show were she is but at the same time not be detailed enough to distract from the main image. After sketching and colouring the background and then moving the figure to fit the image I added in a severed arm to help portray the violent act she had just committed. It also conveniently helped the floor look less plain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment