Wednesday 6 November 2013

Development of Final Piece


After completing my model and character sheets, I moved onto my final piece. I knew exactly how I wanted her to look and used a website called 'posemaniacs.com' to pick out a pose that fitted her personality. I have uploaded the different stages throughout my process of creating the final image. 
 
 
1. This was the initial drawing I did in my sketch book after studying a pose from 'posemaniacs' and tweaking it slightly so that it would work with what I wanted her to be doing. I feel very comfortable sketching and a little out of my comfort zone working digitally but I think I am improving little by little.
 
 


2. After scanning in my sketch, I transferred my drawing onto 'Manga Studio Version 4.0' which is, to be honest a very basic version of Photoshop but it has a great function for creating line art and this is something I do often.
 
 
 
 
3. After completing the line art I simply added the base colours for my design so that I could make sure the colour combinations I had chosen worked well together over all. After asking peoples opinion of appearance, ginger with green eyes was the favourite so I have applied this in my design.
 

 
 
4. I then went on to shading my piece to give it more depth and character. This was the longest part of the process but it was worth it in the end. I am pleased with how the tartan skirt and hair turned out. I wanted to keep her the centre of attention so I used duller colours for the decapitated head which I think had worked well.
 
 


 
5. Finally I went over my shaded piece and added in little details to increase the characters appearance more and fit to her personality. I added bruises, cuts, blood to her weapons and muddy patches to her clothes and feet portraying her rough and barbaric state of mind.


 
 
Now that I have completed the main figure I will start working on a background to place her in. I am researching into Iron Age houses at the moment and I am thinking or putting her in her room which resides in the copper tower. This way I can add some interesting elements into the background so there is something else to look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment