Friday 25 March 2016

What we did in our previous anatomy class

Working on the shin and its muscles 


I have only just remembered that I completely forgot to post about my previous anatomy figure making class before we broke up for the Easter break as I just got so caught up at home I didn't even register that I hadn't written a blog post about it yet. I am not really going to be able to go over this is much detail as I can't remember all of the process that we used so this isn't going to be a very long post. Essentially this time around we were still focusing on the leg but have moved down from the thigh and started looking at the muscles found on the shin and how they effect the foot. Not only did we work using wax, we also had a go at shaping some metal wire too which has been added in order to represent the tendons of the foot so we can see how they connect. Ron went through each little section with us bit by bit so we knew how everything worked and what we were doing but we took our time with each piece as this was the fiddlest thing we have worked with by far. Getting the wire to stay in place was really irritatingly tricky but we got there in the end. As per usual I have just popped some visual examples below of the area we looked at and have also added my own photographs of my model which is coming along nicely.






Visual examples of the area we focused on in our previous class










No comments:

Post a Comment